300 Hour Teacher TrainingJoin us as we connect and create community through yoga.
Tribal Yoga’s current round of 300 Hour Teacher Training started in December 2017! Next round will be announced mid 2018.
300-Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training Program
I am so thrilled to partner with my teacher, Rolf Gates, to offer Tribal Yoga’s 300-Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training as an affiliate of his school. Our program is registered with Yoga Alliance. I will be the primary, in person, teacher for our training with guidance and additional virtual teachings from Rolf.
I am so honored to offer this amazing course and
look forward to the amazing transformations that I know will occur
for each student in our training. If you have any questions please feel
free to reach out to me or schedule a one-on-one phone session with me.
Our program is certified with Yoga Alliance and graduates will qualify to register as RYTs with Yoga Alliance.
Listen as Rolf describes the importance of a spiritual practice.This training is organized around the idea that in order to be an effective teacher you must take the time and effort to dive deep into your own self study and develop a consistent spiritual practice.
What you’ll learn
This Advanced Level Teacher Training provides a 12 month in-depth training in the Art of Teaching and the study of Yoga as a vehicle for transformation. It also offers an experiential training in the leading of intensives and workshops preparing participants for their own next level of offerings to students.
Program Description: VISION + COMMITMENT
The aim of this training is to aid in the development of truly impactful Yoga Teachers: Teachers who are leaders. In order to accomplish this aim, we will study in depth the space within which the teacher learns, grows, teaches and leads: The mirror of everyday life. We will refine our vision and commitment to our role in the classroom to achieve a level of mastery as a teacher and leader in our community.
We will explore the dynamics of karma, principle, awareness, freedom, and choice. We will come to a holistic understanding of the human experience we share, the purpose of spiritual practice and the role of the teacher. To that end, teachers engaged in the Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training will study and be able to teach classes and workshops that address:
- The Yoga Sutras as a context for understanding and transformation
- The Mechanics of Karma as the foundation of spiritual growth
- The Three Aspects of Practice: Sila, Samahdi and Wisdom
- The Powerful Intersection of Western Science and Yoga
- Non-violence in action
- The Art of Sadhana: The Development and Refinement of a Home Practice
- A Refined Vision of the Yoga Teacher’s Tools: Asana, Pranyama and Meditation
- A Refined Vision of the yoga teacher: The use of Self in a transformational environment.
The Experiential Workshop/Retreat Development
The experiential workshop/retreat component of this training offers an exceptional opportunity. This module will prepare the teacher to conduct workshops and retreats at the 1-7 day levels. There will be an emphasis on the design and leading of these types of offerings for students.
Required Reading List:
- If you have been through Rolf’s 200hr TT – Please begin by reading Anatomy of the Spirit: Caroline Myss.
- If you completed a different 200hr TT- Please begin by reading Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: Deepak Chopra + How Yoga Works: Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams by Deepak Chopra
- How Yoga Works by Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss
- Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga by Rolf Gates (Included in tuition cost)
- Meditations on Intention and Being: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Mindfulness, and Compassion by Rolf Gates (Included in tuition cost)
- The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali: A New Translation with Commentary (Shambhala Classics) by Chip Hartranft
- Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Meditations on the Mat: Practices for Living from the Heart by Rolf Gates
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom by Rick Hanson Ph.D. and with Richard Mendius MD
- The Biology of Belief 10th Anniversary Edition: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles by Bruce H. Lipton
- Chakra Balancing by Anodea Judith
Good Books to Read:
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation translation by Stephen Mitchell
- Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness by Sharon Salzberg
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Millman
Schedule and Investment
12 Friday Evenings and 12-Weekends Over 12 Months
Dates and time:
- Fridays: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
- December 1-3, 2017
- February 2-4, 2018
- March 2-4
- April 13-15
- May 4-6
- July 13-15
- August 3-5
- September 7-9
- October 12-14
- November 2-4
- Final Weekend TBA
Location: Tribal Yoga, Hampton VA
Trainer: Amber Favaregh
Contact: Please call Amber at (757) 915-6246 or email: email@example.com
Payment plan option includes a $500 deposit due before training begins and $250 due each month on the 1st beginning December 1, 2017, and final payment due November 1, 2018.
A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to hold your spot once you are accepted to the program. (The deposit is part of your total tuition and is not due until you are accepted so apply today!)
Call MYCAA at 1(800) 342 9647 to check your eligibility and apply for funding for our RYT program.
Tuition includes: Training Manual, Copy of Meditations from the Mat.
The schedule is subject to change.
Please fill out our application and return it to us via email, mail, or in person along with your preferred payment information for the deposit which will be due after acceptance in the program in order to hold your spot in this training. If you have never practiced with us and need Tribal Yoga to provide your recommendation form (this can also be done by any yoga teacher who is familiar with your practice) please plan on attending one of our yoga classes.
Applications for Tribal Yoga’s 200 Hour Teacher Training will be accepted until February 16th, 2018 or until all spaces are full.
Download the application below.