200 Hour Teacher TrainingJoin us as we connect and create community through yoga.
200-Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training Program
We are so thrilled to partner Rolf Gates to offer Tribal Yoga’s 200-Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training as an affiliate of his school. Our program is registered with Yoga Alliance. Amber Favaregh and Jillian Simms will be the primary, in person, teachers for our training with guidance and additional virtual teachings from Rolf.
This training focuses heavily on the metaphysical aspect of yoga. This makes it a perfect fit for those who do not have a burning desire to teach after completion but we also graduate teachers who have the required skills to be highly effective teachers in our community. Be ready to take a deep dive into your personal experiences and grow as a result. Amber and Jillian will guide you through the entire experience and offer hands-on support as you move through the training. They both have years of experience teaching yoga and yoga teachers. Amber has been perfecting the curriculum of this training since 2013 with Jillian joining her in 2017 and they are honored to have graduated many highly impactful instructors.
Meet Your Instructors
I’m so honored to offer this powerful course and look forward to the amazing transformations that I know will occur for each student in our training. I’ve been leading this training since 2013 and I’ve spent all those years perfecting our training process. I feel confident that what we offer will be of the utmost quality and impact for anyone willing to walk this journey with us. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can schedule a one-on-one phone session with me or join us for one of the upcoming information sessions. I’m happy to answer all your questions.
It is such a pleasure to be able to guide such an exciting and life-changing training. We truly go beyond just teaching poses. This is about discovery, awareness, and truth. I look forward to walking with you on this journey!
Our training offers an online student portal with videos and assignment submissions.
The video content includes exclusive videos from renowned yoga author, Rolf Gates.
This training is organized around the idea that in order to be an effective teacher you must take the time and effort to dive deep into your own self-study and develop a consistent spiritual practice.
Listen as Rolf Gates describes the importance of a spiritual practice.
Call 1(800) 342 9647 to check your eligibility and apply for funding with MYCAA for our RYT certification program. If you are eligible let us know and we will be happy to get your plan set in place.
We are proud to partner with Yoga Alliance to ensure our training is of the highest quality and that our graduates will be able to teach anywhere in the United States with recognition as registered yoga teachers.
Teacher Training Testimonials
Prior to this program, I was too self-critical and didn’t think I would have the confidence to teach a class of yogis. This teacher training program provided me with more than enough knowledge and confidence that I began teaching immediately after graduation. The teacher training program taught me much more than how to teach a yoga class. It was a life training. It was a training that shifted my attitude & perspective of life – I became more empathetic, more positive, and more open to the people around me (just to name a few things).
What you’ll learn
We will practice asana, meditation, and pranayama to the point of proficiency and beyond. Your knowledge of Yoga theory will deepen to the point that it will become an aspect of the fabric of your life and of everything you do and say. You will learn to teach classes that combine a consistent therapeutic vision with the inspired spontaneity of Vinyasa Yoga. You will develop a thorough understanding of the elements of the therapeutic principles of Yoga and be able to design a class or teach a pose in such a manner that your students will immediately embody those principles.
How to Design and Teach a Vinyasa Yoga Class
You will gain a thorough understanding of the principles which when applied create a class for all ages and body types. This will include a specific sequence and more importantly the method for adapting that sequence to the infinity of opportunities implied by the word Yoga. This method enables what you teach to grow as you and your students do.
Being the Change
The first Yoga teacher in the U.S. Swami Vivekananda wrote: “You yourselves are the being that you seek.” During this training, you will have direct experience of the truth of that statement. When you leave this training you will know how it is people reach their potential and you will be able to apply that knowledge to accomplish your own goals. You will be the change you want to see in your life.
Time on the Mat and on the Cushion
One of the joys of being a teacher is that your Yoga practice becomes part of your job description. During this training, you will spend time each day with asana, meditation, and pranayama instruction and practice. You will be taught the therapeutic principles that will allow you to practice safely with intensity. You will be able to sit comfortably for a 25-minute meditation session during which you will experience what it means to rest in stillness. You will be proficient in breathing techniques that awaken and build heat, preparing the mind-body for asana, and breathing techniques that are cooling and soothing preparing the mind-body for meditation. On your mat, the implementation of therapeutic principles will be dramatic. You will experience a vibrant aliveness from which there is no going back.
The Teacher Training Curriculum will include:
- Study of The Yoga Sutras
- Cultivation of the Eight Limb Path as a path of action
- Integrating the three elements of a spiritual practice into your life
- The role of the teacher
- The role of practice
- The art of sustaining change
- Moving from Source
- Mastery of the basic techniques of Asana
- Mastery of the basic techniques of Meditation
- Mastery of the basic techniques Pranayama (Breathwork)
- The therapeutic alignment principles of Yoga
- Finding alignment within and without
- The art of sequencing a class flow
- The proper use of tempo in a class
- How to use your voice and language for impact
- Your class as a transformative space
- The art of themeing in your classes
- Teaching modifications for all class levels
- Teaching to beginners
- The art of hands-on assisting
- The anatomy and physiology of Yoga
Required Reading List:
Students will need to purchase the required books separately with the exception of Rolf’s two books which are included in the tuition as noted below. Please approach this list by beginning with The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success and How Yoga Works
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams by Deepak Chopra
- How Yoga Works by Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga by Rolf Gates (Included in tuition cost)
- Meditations on Intention and Being: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Mindfulness, and Compassion by Rolf Gates (Included in tuition cost)
- The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali: A New Translation with Commentary (Shambhala Classics) by Chip Hartranft
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Science of Yoga: Understand the Anatomy and Physiology to Perfect Your Practice by Ann Swanson
- Meditations on the Mat: Practices for Living from the Heart by Rolf Gates
Recommended Reading List:
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation translation by Stephen Mitchell
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss
- Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness by Sharon Salzberg
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Millman
- Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists, 3e 3rd Edition by Thomas w. Myers
Schedule and Investment
Schedule for 2020
8 Friday Evenings and 8-Weekends Over 6 Months Dates and time:
- Fridays: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Saturdays 8 am – 5:30 pm
- Sundays: 8 am – 5 pm
- February 21-23
- March 6-8
- March 20-22
- April 17-19
- May 8-10
- May 29-31
- June 12-14
- June 26-28
*The schedule is subject to change and additional times and dates for 1-hour community classes lead by student instructors will be announced after training has begun.
Early Bird Price: $2800 with tuition paid in full by January 21, 2020
Payment plan option includes a $500 deposit due before training begins and $520 due each month on the 15th beginning February 15, 2020, and final payment due June 15, 2020. A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to hold your spot once you are accepted to the program. (The deposit is part of your total tuition and is not due until you are accepted so apply today!) Tuition includes Training Manual and Copy of Meditations from the Mat and Meditations on Intention and Being.
Tuition Assistance: We are a MyCAA eligible program. The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) of the Department of Defense is an educational financing program for spouses of active duty service members and activated guard and reserve members. MyCAA offers up to $4,000 to eligible military spouses to pursue certifications or licenses for portable careers. The MyCAA program is open to all eligible
spouses under the new program guidelines below:
- Spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5,
W1-W2, or O1-O2
- If the spouse of National Guard and/or AGR member, the sponsor must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in
- Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible
- Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course
- Funding is limited to only Associate’s degrees, certificates and licensure programs
- Please allow for 15 days for approval of all financial assistance documents
Learn more about MYCAA and apply here.
Call MYCAA at 1(800) 342 9647 to check your eligibility and apply for funding for our RYT program.
Location: Tribal Yoga, Hampton VA
Trainers: Amber Favaregh & Jillian Simms
Contact: Please call Amber at (757) 915-6246 or email: email@example.com
Please fill out our application and return it to us via email, mail, or in person along with your preferred payment information for the deposit which will be due after acceptance in the program in order to hold your spot in this training. If you have never practiced with us and need Tribal Yoga to provide your recommendation form please plan on attending one of our yoga classes. Your recommendation can also be done by any yoga teacher who is familiar with your practice.
Applications for Tribal Yoga’s 200 Hour Teacher Training will be accepted until February 7, 2020 or until all spaces are full.
Download the application below.