200 Hour Teacher TrainingJoin us as we connect and create community through yoga.
200-Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training Program
I am so thrilled to partner with my teacher, Rolf Gates, to offer Tribal Yoga’s 200-Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training as an affiliate of his school. Our program is registered with Yoga Alliance. I will be the primary, in person, teacher for our training with guidance and additional virtual teachings from Rolf.
Rolf describes his training curriculum,
“This program is a 200-hour Vinyasa Teacher Training. As such it will be a mentally, physically and emotionally challenging process designed to enable serious students to become inspired teachers. You will practice asana, meditation, and pranyama to the point of proficiency and beyond. Your knowledge of Yoga theory will deepen to the point that it will become an aspect of the fabric of your life and of everything you do and say as a yoga teacher. You will learn to teach classes that combine a consistent therapeutic vision with the inspired spontaneity that is the hallmark of Vinyasa Yoga. You will develop a thorough understanding of the elements of the therapeutic principles of Yoga and be able to design a class or teach a pose in such a manner that your students will immediately embody those principles.
Vinyasa Yoga expresses that part of us that celebrates the space between the notes. A typical class will move from simple to complex poses, from standing poses and balancing poses, to back-bends, inversions, and hip openers. The teacher and students take this simple formula and make it their own day by day. No two classes are ever alike yet the intention behind the class is always the same. The genius of Vinyasa Yoga is not found in its approach to alignment or sequencing, but rather in the rhythm with which alignment and sequencing unfold. Anchored in the unseen aspects of an asana class, Vinyasa Yoga is uniquely accommodating to the evolution of a teacher; allowing her to bring all that she has learned and all that she is into her classroom. The result is a class that is at once consistent and inspired.
I want to bring special attention to the interplay between the physical and the metaphysical: A yoga class is a three dimensional story that unfolds to the rhythm of the breath. The art of teaching is the art of telling that story. Each of us, always, has a song to sing a story to tell. Of necessity much of what we will be working on will be technical in nature but all of what we do together will be dedicated to supporting you in singing your song.”
I am so honored to offer this amazing course and look forward to the amazing transformations that I know will occur for each student in our training. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me or schedule a one-on-one phone session with me.
Our program is certified with Yoga Alliance and graduates will qualify to register as RYTs with Yoga Alliance.
Listen as Rolf describes the importance of a spiritual practice.This training is organized around the idea that in order to be an effective teacher you must take the time and effort to dive deep into your own self study and develop a consistent spiritual practice.
Teacher Training Testimonials
Amber is an extremely effective educator. She was thorough in all her teachings and encouraged students to consider different perspectives. She is clearly very committed to teaching prospective yoga teachers, and was a readily available resource to all students throughout the training. The training itself is comprehensive, and progresses in a way that encourages students to learn and retain the information offered.Kelsey Rothera
Prior to this program, I was too self-critical and didn’t think I would have the confidence to teach a class of yogis. This teacher training program provided me with more than enough knowledge and confidence that I began teaching immediately after graduation. The teacher training program taught me much more than how to teach a yoga class. It was a life training. It was a training that shifted my attitude & perspective of life – I became more empathetic, more positive, and more open to the people around me (just to name a few things).Stephen Harrah
Such a humbling program to be a part of. I walked away from this training feeling empowered, knowing I have been given appropriate guidance to live a mindful life and to inspire others to do the same. Totally recommended to any one in any walk of life with an open mind and open heart trying to deepen their own practice.Adina Wall
What you’ll learn
How to Design and Teach a Vinyasa Yoga Class
You will gain a thorough understanding of the principles which when applied create a class for all ages and body types. This will include a specific sequence and more importantly the method for adapting that sequence to the infinity of opportunities implied by the word Yoga. This method enables what you teach to grow as you and your students do.
Being the Change
The first Yoga teacher in the U.S. Swami Vivekananda wrote: “You yourselves are the being that you seek.” During this training you will have direct experience of the truth of that statement. When you leave this training you will know how it is people reach their potential and you will be able to apply that knowledge to accomplish your own goals. You will be the change you want to see in your life.
Time on the Mat and on the Cushion
One of the joys of being a teacher is that your Yoga practice becomes part of your job description. During this training you will begin each day with asana, meditation, and pranayama instruction and practice. You will be taught the therapeutic principles that will allow you to practice safely with intensity. You will be able to sit comfortably for a 45 minute meditation session during which you will experience what it means to rest in stillness. You will be proficient in breathing techniques that awaken and build heat, preparing the mindbody for asana, and breathing techniques that are cooling and soothing preparing the mindbody for meditation. On your mat the implementation of therapeutic principles will be dramatic. You will experience a vibrant aliveness from which there is no going back.
The Teacher Training Curriculum will include:
- Mastery of the basic techniques of Asana
- Mastery of the basic techniques of Meditation
- Mastery of the basic techniques Pranayama (Breathwork)
- The therapeutic alignment principles of Yoga
- Finding alignment within and without
- The art of sequencing a class flow
- The proper use of tempo in a class
- How to use your voice and language for impact
- Your class as a transformative space
- The art of themeing in your classes
- Teaching modifications for all class levels
- Teaching to beginners
- The art of hands-on assisting
- The anatomy and physiology of Yoga
- Nutrition as a support to practice
- Study of The Yoga Sutras
- Cultivation of the Eight Limb Path as a path of action
- Integrating the three elements of spiritual practice into your life
- The role of the teacher
- The role of practice
- The art of sustaining change
- Moving from Source
Required Reading List:
Students will need to purchase the required books separately with the exception of Rolf’s two books which are included in the tuition as noted below. Please approach this list by beginning with The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success and How Yoga Works
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams by Deepak Chopra
- How Yoga Works by Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga by Rolf Gates (Included in tuition cost)
- Meditations on Intention and Being: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Mindfulness, and Compassion by Rolf Gates (Included in tuition cost)
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation translation by Stephen Mitchell
- The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali: A New Translation with Commentary (Shambhala Classics) by Chip Hartranft
- Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists, 3e 3rd Edition by Thomas w. Myers
- Meditations on the Mat: Practices for Living from the Heart by Rolf Gates
Recommended Reading List:
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss
- Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness by Sharon Salzberg
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Millman
Schedule and Investment
Schedule for 2019
8 Friday Evenings and 8-Weekends Over 6 Months Dates and time:
- Fridays: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
- May 3-5
- May 17-19
- May 31-June 2
- June 21-23
- July 12-14
- August 2-4
- August 23-25
- September 20-22
*The schedule is subject to change and additional times and dates for 1-hour community classes lead by student instructors will be announced after training has begun.
Early Bird Price: $2700 with tuition paid in full by April 5, 2019
Payment plan option includes a $500 deposit due before training begins and $500 due each month on the 1st beginning May 1, 2019, and final payment due September 1, 2019, which will be $500. A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to hold your spot once you are accepted to the program. (The deposit is part of your total tuition and is not due until you are accepted so apply today!) Tuition includes Training Manual, Copy of Meditations from the Mat.
Tuition Assistance: We are a MyCAA eligible program. The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) of the Department of Defense is an educational financing program for spouses of active duty service members and activated guard and reserve members. MyCAA offers up to $4,000 to eligible military spouses to pursue certifications or licenses for portable careers. The MyCAA program is open to all eligible
spouses under the new program guidelines below:
- Spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5,
W1-W2, or O1-O2
- If the spouse of National Guard and/or AGR member, the sponsor must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in
- Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible
- Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course
- Funding is limited to only Associate’s degrees, certificates and licensure programs
- Please allow for 15 days for approval of all financial assistance documents
Learn more and apply here.
Location: Tribal Yoga, Hampton VA
Trainers: Amber Favaregh & Jillian Simms
Contact: Please call Amber at (757) 915-6246 or email: email@example.com
Call MYCAA at 1(800) 342 9647 to check your eligibility and apply for funding for our RYT program.
Please fill out our application and return it to us via email, mail, or in person along with your preferred payment information for the deposit which will be due after acceptance in the program in order to hold your spot in this training. If you have never practiced with us and need Tribal Yoga to provide your recommendation form please plan on attending one of our yoga classes. Your recommendation can also be done by any yoga teacher who is familiar with your practice.
Applications for Tribal Yoga’s 200 Hour Teacher Training will be accepted until April 19th, 2019 or until all spaces are full.
Download the application below.